Sunday, May 13, 2007

Monkey Wrench

I am proud to report I made car repairs over the weekend, without the help
of a mechanic. On Friday night, my friend's car overheated and she was
left stranded. The cause seemed to be the large hole in the hose going
from the engine to the radiator (surely there is a technical name for this
hose, but I don't know what it is). Instead of calling a tow truck and
paying a shop to do the repairs, we rolled on into Shuck's on Saturday
morning, showed them this picture, bought the necessary parts, and some
coolant for only $39! The only tools required were a screwdriver and exacto knife. In less than 30 minutes her car was back on the road. Repairs made to my car: new
headlight and fixed the license plate.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Annie said...

Good work, lady. If I ever become an automobile owner again, I'm calling you up.