Sunday, January 13, 2008

Part 2

Dreading huge car expenses, I started my Saturday with a mood that matched the weather-gloomy. After dropping my car off, I trekked home in the rain and spent my day awaiting the "dreaded call". When that call finally came, it turned out to be a great call! The expected ~$1400 car repairs dropped to $0. Turns out the first "estimate" was nothing but racket. I was truly almost taken for at the pretty price of $1400! Now, I must step up onto my soap box. As a woman I can't help but wonder if I was truly almost taken advantage of due to gender. I used to be cautious, but now I will likely be paranoid for quite awhile. Should I just take this in stride and rock on? HELL NO! Instead I will take action. After doing a bit of research, it seems the first step is contacting the WA state dept of consumer affairs. I encourage all individuals seeking car repairs to always seek a second opinion-it may just save you some coin, like $1400.....

And to think I almost traded dear Sherona in for a new model!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Good news! Did they say what the noise was about?

Heather said...

Just a little break squeak due to moisture or break dust. They dusted everything off and so far I haven't heard the noise again.